Group Leader YIRG
Telephone: +43 (1) 51581 - 9524
- 2019 – present: Co-group leader of the Young Independent Researcher Group (YIRG) at the Institute of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI-Vienna) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria.
- 2017 – 2019: Post-doc position at the Institute of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI-Vienna) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria
- 2012 – 2017: PhD in Informatics, Faculty of Informatics, Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Lugano, Switzerland. Title: Causal loops: logically consistent correlations, time travel, and computation. Supervisor: Prof. Stefan Wolf
- 2012: Master thesis, Title: Quantum private information retrieval, Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC), University of Waterloo, Canada. Supervisors: Prof. Anne Broadbent and Prof. Ueli Maurer
- 2006 – 2012: BSc ETH and MSc ETH in Computer Science, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 2019: Causality and Computation, Quantum Information Summer School 2019, IBA, Karachi, Pakistan
- 2019: Introduction to Quantum Computing, VDS Winter School on Quantum Computation, Vienna Doctoral School “Mathematics”, University of Vienna, Dienten am Hochkönig, Austria
- 2016: Course on Quantum Cryptography and Foundations of Quantum Theory, 15th Bellairs Cyrpto-Workshop, Bellairs Research Institute of McGill University, St. James, Barbados
- 2013-2016: Teaching assistant at Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) (Lugano, Switzerland) and ETH Zürich (Switzerland) in the courses: Quantum Computing, Quantum Information & Cryptography, Discrete Mathematics
- 2008-2009: Teaching assistant at ETH Zürich (Switzerland) in the courses: Computer Networks, Systems Programming and Computer Architecture
Journal Publication (5)
Baumeler, Ämin; Gilani, Amin Shiraz; Rashid, Jibran (2022) Unlimited non-causal correlations and their relation to non-locality. Quantum Journal, Bd. 6, S. 673.
Baumeler, Ämin; Wolf, Stefan (2019) Free energy of a general computation. Physical Review E (100), S. 052115.
Baumeler, Aemin; Costa, Fabio; Ralph, Tiimothy C.; Wolf, Stefan; Zych, Magdalena (2019) Reversible time travel with freedom of choice. Classical and Quantum Gravity, Bd. 36, S. 224002.
Massa, Francesco; Moqanaki, Amir; Baumeler, Ämin; Del Santo, Flavio; Kettlewell, Joshua A. et al. [..] (2019) Experimental Two‐Way Communication with One Photon. Advanced Quantum Technologies, Bd. 2, S. 1900050.
Araújo, Mateus; Guérin, Phillippi A.; Baumeler, Ämin (2017) Quantum computation with indefinite causal structures. Physical Review A, Bd. 96, S. 052315.
Conference Contribution: Publication in Proceedings (1)
Baumeler, Ämin; Tselentis, Eleftherios (2021) Equivalence of Grandfather and Information Antinomy Under Intervention.
Contribution in Collection (1)
Baumeler, Ämin (2019) Causal loops: Logically consistent correlations, time travel, and computation., it - Information Technology.